Shamelessly swiping from Jeannie’s website, “In my late thirties, I was stuck in an unsatisfying desk job and courting a growing resentment towards the North American lifestyle. After swearing to change my life on a file folder, I sold my earthly possessions and set off in June 2010.”
I met Jeannie on Twitter before she took off on her trip earlier this year and I’ve enjoyed a fairly constant back and forth with her since then. Basically, I like her style. Her posts vary from excellent travel posts to really thoughtful glimpses inside her head. Its a great read, so… get to reading the Nomadic Chick. You can, and should follow her on Twitter also.
And here are her Lucky 13:
1. Which fictional character would you most like to meet and hang out with?
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. Her plucky spirit and wit would surely make us bff’s.
2. You, unfortunately, have been condemned to die, but fortunately, you get to have any meal in the world before you go. What is your menu?
Mac and Cheese. Stuffing from a turkey (contravenes my vegetarianism for one night only), mashed potatoes or french fries with mushroom gravy and a huge slice of the freshest coconut cream pie, shipped from Brazil.
3. Worst actor/actress you have ever seen on the big screen?
Keanu Reeves. The guy can’t act. Sit and be pretty. (Not only do I agree 100%, so do Akila and Patrick of the The Road Forks)
4. If you could travel with one person for one week, then never see or hear from them again in your lifetime, who would you choose?
David Chappelle. He’d have me in stitches with that sardonic humor, be able to discuss topics in an intelligent manner, and he’d never call me cracker.
5. Barbara Walters edition: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you like to be?
Cherry blossom tree. They bloom during my favorite time of year: spring. Always reminds me of new beginnings.
6. Most vivid childhood memory (under 10 years old)?
Thinking I wanted to be a doctor, but realizing the blood would disturb me. Then I changed it to a being a Charlie’s Angel.
7. Give us something you would not do for $100,000 in tax-free cash.
Eat blood pudding. Ewwww.. See, relates to #6!
8. Fill in the blank: I’d be happy if I was only able to drink water and _______ for the next five years.
9. Democratically elected politician you wish was never born.
MIchael, I’m Canadian! I pick Stephen Harper. (Canadian Prime Minister).
10. When was the last time you got sick and what was the illness?
Last April I got a vicious bout of pink eye. It lasted two weeks. A week or so after that, I was laid off, handed a severance, and here I am. 🙂
11. You have an unlimited travel budget for 24 hours. Give me your itinerary.
I would fly to Andulasia, Spain get drunk on wine, eat my fill of paella. After that, I’d dance with gypsies, buy a lavish flamenco dress, bid them goodbye, then fly to Barcelona where I’ve booked myself into The Claris. A suite awaits with a jet tub bubble bath and a masseuse to rub me into oblivion. After a snack of tapas and more wine, I’d fly to Paris and do a flurry of fashion designer and art gazing, then I would end the day in Prague, with an exclusive tour of the Prague Castle.
12. Current musical group that you most want to see live.
13. You are able to ask one yes/no question to anyone in history and get a 100% honest reply — what is your question and to whom?
To Margaret Bourke-White: How did you get Stalin to smile in a picture? Tell him a joke?