Interview with Andi Perullo of My Beautiful Adventures: Lucky 13 Questions

I'm not saying this was that night, but... I'm not saying this was that night, but...
my image of Andi roughing it my image of Andi roughing it

Andi’s website probably should be called ‘Adventures of a Beauty’ and not My Beautiful Adventures…. well, now that i think of it, she does have beautiful adventures also, in addition to her own obvious beauty.

Trying to set my record for use of the same word in one sentence, but I think I’ve just confused myself in the meantime.

Here are some of Andi’s thoughts on her website: “I believe that you can drink champagne any time of the day.  I believe that humans should be able to breathe underwater.  I believe that peace is the only way to peace.  I believe that chocolate fixes every problem.  I believe that Sunday’s are best spent in bed drinking a cafe con leche and reading the NY Times.”

Sold.

She’s a world traveler.  Chinese medicine practitioner.  Writer.  Photographer.  Most likely soon to be conqueror of the known world — well, at least the internet world.  And a lucky Argentinean man is to take her hand in marriage in a few months and dash the hopes of untold numbers of her readers.

Follow her (link above), read her, enjoy her excellent website, and also track her down on Twitter, Andi’s Twitter Profile.  In the interim, enjoy her answers to the Lucky 13:

luxury tent camp inside

my image of Andi roughing it

1. Festival that you would most like to go to that you haven’t yet?

I have been fantasizing about attending the ‘Festival in the Desert’ in Mali for what seems like forever!  I am not a camper, but I think I could rough it for this once-in-a-lifetime event.

2. Worst award winning movie you have ever seen?

I will probably offend quite a few people with this answer, but what the hell, “Lord of the Rings.”  I do not for the life of me understand the interest in fantasy films like that.  Zzzzzzzzz

3. What is the favorite room in your house and why?

My sunroom (I live in the South, every house has them).  Every morning I start my day with a cup of coffee and the NY Times in that room.  I love the way the light comes in, just puts me in the best mood.

4.  Beach or mountains?

Oh please, like there is even a choice?  I am the biggest sun worshiper in the world!

5.  Special question for you, since I heard you are soon marrying an incredibly handsome Argentinean: If you were not getting married, and could only date the men from one country (not Argentina) for the rest of your life, tell us the country.

Spain… no, Australia…. no, Chile — except a specific part of Chile, Easter Island.  I was recently there and I have to tell you if I was not engaged I might have gotten into a little trouble with one of the locals. I have never seen in such an abundance so many tall, dark, buff (and I mean buff), exotic, sexy men before!

6. What is the title of your future biography?

The Girl that Was Born with a Suitcase in Her Hand

ny yankee arod walking into strip joint

I’m not saying this was that night, but…

7. Where was the largest dinner tab you have ever been a part of?

I once went on a date with a current NY Yankee (who shall remain nameless).  I had just moved to NYC and did not really know my way around yet and when he invited me to see a fight, I thought we would actually be going to the fight in person.  I cannot tell you how surprised I was when I walked into the place and saw naked women walking around.  He had taken me to the infamous Scores.  The only way to make the date tolerable was to partake in the free food and lots of alcohol.  I believe the tab was way over $5000 by the end of the evening.

8. What do you miss most from high school?

My swimming career.  I used to be nationally ranked swimmer and while I do not miss the 6AM practices before school, I do miss the competition.

9.  Celebrity that you’d most like to slap or otherwise taunt in person?

This is probably a boring answer, but any Republican pundit on TV, especially those on Fox News.

10.  Most embarrassing song or artist on your iPod?

I kinda have a thing for Ricky Martin.

11.  Funniest person you have experienced in person?

I am going to have to say my baby brother.  He reminds me of Jim Halpert on “The Office.”  His facial expressions alone make me laugh hysterically.

12.  Fill in the blank: if I knew I wouldn’t get arrested or otherwise punished, I would _____________.

Drive at least twice the speed limit.  I would probably also steals someone’s seat in First Class on all of my flights.

13. What is your most treasured personal possession?

It is a tie between my engagement ring and my passport.  Both are like a body part to me.

85 Responses to “Interview with Andi Perullo of My Beautiful Adventures: Lucky 13 Questions” Subscribe

1. Phil January 11, 2011 at 10:06 am #

Andi,
    Festival in the Desert!! YES! Next year!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Let’s do it! But are you going to make me draw camels along the way???

2. Andi January 11, 2011 at 10:52 am #

Hahahaha, OMG love it!!! 1st I’m gonna admit I’m blushing with the intro. I think you can probably see how red my cheeks are all the way in Easter Island? And 2nd how on earth did you find that pic of me in the Tabloids??? ;-)

PS Is there any way you can photo shop an elephant standing outside the tent. Then that would definitely be my idea of “roughing it.”

• Michael Hodson January 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

that pic was a good find — ALMOST photoshopped your face onto the blonde, but decided the photo and headline was enough ;)

and yes, I am getting that story out of you

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

AMAZING find!!!!!!! Okay after this awesome interview I will now tell you the story AND the baseball player. The story is about 10X better than the little bit I’ve told you. You just wait! But, it’s best told over drinks. ;-)

• BridalTravelGuy January 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

Wait at minute! I want the invite to that cocktail party!

• Shannon O'Donnell January 13, 2011 at 10:42 am #

Me too! This needs to be an epic invite here – I wanna know! Love the interview lady and would love to share drinks some day soon! :)

• Chris - The Aussie Nomad January 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

Oh what would this community of travel bloggers be without the shinning light of Andi sparkling over us all. I wish I’d been able to meet up with her in Europe last year but it wasn’t to be. I’m sure this year will be the year we catch up and I get to teach her how to drink a beer :)

3. Ayngelina January 11, 2011 at 10:52 am #

Andi was one of the first bloggers I started following and I’ve learned so much from her.

It’s okay about Ricki, I have Enrique :)

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 10:55 am #

Really!?! I didn’t know that Ayngelina! Chica, I kinda also have a thing for Enrique too. Latin men are the BEST, wink wink!!!

4. Jill - Jack and Jill Travel The World January 11, 2011 at 10:54 am #

Ricky martin!!! Lol, there’s nothing wrong with having a thing for Ricky goodness :p Andi, you just went up a notch in my book for Ricky and #9

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 10:57 am #

Oh yay, I’m glad everyone is supporting my Ricky crush, gosh I love the way he moves his hips! I’m also glad that I went up a notch in your book. :)

• Christine January 11, 2011 at 11:30 am #

OMG! I have Ricky crush too. Now I am playing his youtube video and shaking my hip.

• Michael Hodson January 11, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Ummm, my lovely friends with the Ricky crush….. ya’ll do realize that I have a better shot with him than any of you, right? ;)

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

I’m rolling on the ground laughing. Yes I do realize that and yes I am jealous.

5. Dave & Deb January 11, 2011 at 10:58 am #

Now that’s a dinner tab. I love the title of your autobiography. I think you are going to have to start writing it. It sounds like you have had a very interesting life!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 11:03 am #

I’ve been wanting to write a memoir for a while now. It’s all plotted out in my head, just need to sit down and actually start putting pen to paper. Soon!!!

6. Ali January 11, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Andi, you’re awesome! Always nice to learn a little more about you. Michael, I love the picture you used for Andi roughing it!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Awww thanks love, you’re awesome too! Haha, while I’m a bit embarrassed, I will admit that’s exactly how I imagine roughing it.

7. Jayne January 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

Ticket for 1 to Easter Island please!!

Great interview with a great girl.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

Hahahaha, I’m telling you the men there are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tinniewanders January 12, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Definitely including Easter Island in my itinerary! :)

What a great interview! I have a thing for Ricky Martin, too…and I would definitely dance to his ‘Livin La Vida Loca’ anytime!

8. Amanda January 11, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

Andi is one of my favorite bloggers. I don’t care where she goes, she always has a crazy story to tell! I love reading about all her (beautiful) adventures.

I will forgive you, Andi, for the “Lord of the Rings” comment, simply because of your answer to #9 (I’, now picturing you taunting Sarah Palin “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”-style), and because you now have me thinking about Jim from “The Office.” Awww, Jim.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Awwwww, what gorgeous (decided that the word beautiful was probably being overused at this point) words!!! Thank you sweetie.

So sorry about the LOTR comment, but seriously yawn. Just kidding! I would love to sit down with Sarah Palin and have a conversation with her. I don’t talk politics online, but I’m quite obsessed with them.

Isn’t Jim the best? My brother and I just had an Office marathon over the Holidays.

• Amanda January 11, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Office marathons are the best!!

• Ryan -- PauseTheMoment.com January 11, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

Excellent interview Michael & Andi! P.S. — I have to totally agree with you on the LOTR crap. Did I just say crap? Crap! LOL.

9. Caroline in the City January 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

LOVE the story about the Yankee. LOL

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

It’s going in my novel ONE DAY! ;-)

10. Camels & Chocolate January 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Andi, I totally forgot about your Yankee date. But now I fully remember (most of) the details =)

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

Hahaha, it was quite an experience!!! Gosh, doesn’t NYC feel like FOREVER ago? We’re getting old lady!

11. Kirsten Alana January 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

I may be more than a little biased but ANDI ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!!!! Even if we don’t agree on Lord of the Rings, we can still be friends. Loved the “roughing it” picture Michael and that story about the date with a Yankee is PRICELESS … even I didn’t know that one!!! Also, can’t wait to read the memoir, that title is fantastic.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!?! I haven’t told you about the Yankee! OMG, our next Skype date you’re hearing all my love. You rock my socks off too! Loves!!!

• Kirsten Alana January 12, 2011 at 11:19 am #

Weird, right? I thought we’d told all our love stories!!!!! Haha!! Plenty of time for Yankees stories on the beach in MEXICO!!!!!!!!

• Michael Hodson January 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

How is that I learned something about Andi before you??!!

• Kirsten Alana January 12, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Consider me a sad panda. There is definitely something wrong with that! LOL.

• Andi January 14, 2011 at 9:14 am #

Yes, but you’re getting the WHOLE story IN Mexico!!! Happy panda now?

12. Annie January 11, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Not only is Andi all the amazing things that you listed but also somehow she finds the time to be an amazing friend and supporter of vast numbers of people she’s never met! One of my first-ever online friends! :)

BTW, Enrique’s totally got it. I spent my time in Madrid secretly scoping the streets for him! hehe.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

You just made me tear up, thanks beautiful!!! I love bringing joy to people’s lives. :)

Enrique is SO hot, love his new songs that are out. My fiance actually looks A LOT like him, people stop him all the time LOL.

13. Scott January 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

Great interview! So, you’re telling me I should buy the Easter Island Diet?

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Yep, you want the ladies…go on the Easter Island diet! ;-)

14. Laura January 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm #

Andi- Festival in Mali would be worth roughing it for! I want to go too! Agree on Lord of the Rings- the whole fantasy/sci-fi thing I just don’t get. I had no idea you were a swimmer too! And will you slap Ann Coulter for me?

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

I can’t imagine how freaking amazing that festival would be, wow!!! Would totally slap AC for you! Ahhh she’s the worst of the worst. What was your event? I was a splash and dasher (50 free baby!).

• Laura January 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Haha, I was 50/100 free and a butterflyer :)

15. LeslieTravel January 11, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Love this interview! I didn’t know Andi dated a Yankee… I must have missed her appearance on page 6 of the Post ;)

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

Haha I’m not sure I can say “dated” when there were only 2 dates, but yeah you definitely missed me on Page 6! ;-)

16. Erica January 11, 2011 at 7:11 pm #

If I had a sunroom is our house it would be my favorite as well! Andi is so incredibly amazing – great choice for an interviewee!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Awwww way too kind, but THANK YOU!!! XOXO

PS Sunrooms ROCK!

17. Abby January 11, 2011 at 7:18 pm #

Andi, you crack me up, girl, even if you don’t like LOTR. Love you!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

Wait you like LOTR glamor girl????????

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

PS TQM tambien!!!

18. Odysseus January 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm #

Great interview, Michael! Your photo selection definitely adds a touch of humor.

Andi, this is fabulous! You’re the sweetheart of the travel blogging world, and full of good stories to boot. Bad date with a NY Yankee = awesome story. I’ll bet it’s only better/funnier when told in full.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm #

OMG, “sweetheart of the travel blogging world” = best title ever!!! Thanks a million! Totally just made my night hearing that!

19. Ekua January 11, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Great interview; both the questions and the answers made me chuckle. And Andi, let me know when you want to go to Festival au Desert, I am so there!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

Awesome, I would LOVE to travel with you darling!!! Especially somewhere SO exotic!

20. Megan January 11, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Dude, I think champagne should be for any time of the day, too! It’s so expensive in Thailand, though, that I haven’t had it at all since I’ve been here (5 months!). And the idea of the sunroom in the morning with a cup of coffee and the NY Times…heaven!

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

Sounds like we would be besties in real life then! ;-)

21. Alouise January 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm #

What a great interview. I love the title of your autobiography, it’s so cute. And I love the idea of stealing first class seats on planes, hypothetically of course.

• Andi January 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm #

I would soooo steal 1st class seats LOL! ;-)

22. Andrea January 12, 2011 at 12:33 am #

Love this interview! And love Andi and her blog. So much sunshine =) I can relate to not being able to choose between your engagement ring and passport. I had to choose my passport for this year and my poor ring got left in a safety deposit box =,( I miss it!

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Oh wow, I don’t think I could go a year without it, I’d have to take a chance!!! Thanks for your lovely words, I’m SO touched! XOXO

23. Lorna - the roamantics January 12, 2011 at 9:27 am #

LOVE this interview!!! agree michael- andi glows! i’m with you lady on the LOTR- have zero percent interest and don’t get it! besides, judging from your last answer, sounds like your sweetie is the real lord of the rings ;) i wanna hear more of about the yankee date at some point! michael- the photos killed me and great quesions!

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 9:54 am #

Awwww Lorna you always say the MOST wonderful things!!! <3

Hahaha, Lucas will love it when I tell him he's the real LOTR.

Promise to email you about the Yankee sometime!

24. Christy @ Ordinary Traveler January 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Great interview! Love the questions AND the answers. I’m so jealous that you have a sun room! I would spend all my time in there too. ;)

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

It’s pretty lovely! But instead of drinking sweet tea I drink coffee LOL.

25. The NVR Guys January 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

Let s go slap all those bitches over at FOX news! They would never know what hit ‘em!

Another great interview!

*hushed aside* While we don’t listen to his music, we kinda have a thing for Ricky martin too. I mean, did you see the Oprah interview?!

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

It aired today right? I’m SO sad I missed it. Boohoo!!! I’m all ready to go over to FOX, just let me know when you’re ready! ;-)

26. Christine January 12, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

Gotta love Andi! There is really something special about this girl that draws everyone in. :)

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

Awwww what a gorgeous compliment, muchisima gracias linda!

27. Anita January 12, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Another great interview Michael! And I’ve recently started following Andi’s adventures…Congratulations on the engagement and um, where did you meet this Argentinian wonder?? Easter Island- I had no idea, but yup! That’s now back on the travel list.

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

I met this Argentinian wonder, haha, at a bar almost 6 years ago! He bought me champagne and the rest is history. Definitely put Easter Island back on the list baby!!! Thanks for the congrats. :)

28. Jeremy B January 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Great interview Michael and Andi! Such creative questions and I love reading these posts.

Andi, as a guy, I have never seen the Lord of the Rings. Never have a desire too. And will die without seeing any of the movies. I’ve also never seen Harry Potter either and feel the same way.

And mountains are way better than the beach! :)

• Andi January 12, 2011 at 8:17 pm #

Well, I was reading your response thinking wow this guys rocks and then I saw you prefer mountains, booooo!!! ;-)

29. Butterflydiary January 13, 2011 at 11:43 am #

How did I ever miss this interview? I LOOOOVE that you love the sun too. It’s the best part of the entire world. Oh, and you too, of course. I love Jim Halpert from the office too–he’s my favorite (okay well, I have a thing for Michael Scott too..shhh).

I think it was a thing for butterflies that first connected us…

Charu

• Andi January 13, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

Yes, it was definitely the butterflies!!! Michael Scott whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. He’s such a douche LOL. Jim I would marry in a heartbeat. <3 him and you!

30. Lindsay aka @_thetraveller_ January 14, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Ricky Martin is amazing… don’t you be ashamed!

• Andi January 14, 2011 at 9:17 am #

Thanks girl!

31. Sarah January 14, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

what a fun list of questions, Andi’s answers are also lots of fun. Agree with her on lord of the rings. Now all I need is a ticket to Easter Island

• Andi January 14, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

Haha, be prepared to drool!!!

32. DTravelsRound January 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

I so LOVE Andi!!! These are really cool. :)

• Andi January 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

Awwwwwwwwwww love back!!!!!!

33. Caz Makepeace January 27, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

Love this interview and Love Andi! I hope one day I can rake up a $5,000 dinner bill. Good for you!

• andi February 13, 2011 at 8:26 am #

Awww, I love you guys too!!! :)

Walkable cities: riding the rails from Budapest to Amsterdam

train travel

Train travel may be slower than flying, but you see so much more when you’re moving at ground level. One of [...]