Interview with Cailin O’Neil of Cailin Travels: Lucky 13 Questions

Wish I'd known before I got her Xmas present Wish I'd known before I got her Xmas present
when I googled when I googled "emma watson and cailin oneil"
awwww, cute kid alert awwww, cute kid alert
Cailin was one of the first people I started following once I joined Twitter. Frankly, I don't remember why, but I do know that I picked one of my earliest Twitter friends well. She remains someone that I look forward to hearing from, following, reading, and most recently watching her videos. She's got a lot of stuff going on and in my book, all of it is good.

Cailin was one of the first people I started following once I joined Twitter. Frankly, I don’t remember how I was lucky enough to find her, but I do know that I picked one of my earliest Twitter friends well. She remains someone that I look forward to hearing from, following, reading, and most recently watching her videos.  She’s got a lot of stuff going on and in my book, all of it is good.

The other thing I am jealous about is that she has traveled with, and become fast friends, with some of my other favorites on the web, The Aussie Nomad and Candice Walsh.  Now that I think about it…. a travel meet-up with all four of us, and many beers…. hmmmmm.  I now have a plan for 2011.

In the meantime, before that video post (of the 4 of us getting our drunk on, since Cailin videos everything!) gets created and goes viral, go read her at Cailin Travels website and follow her on Twitter: Cailin’s Twitter profile.  And enjoy her answers to the Lucky 13:

1. Most embarrassing thing on your iPod?

I honestly don’t have much music on my iPhone but I guess I would have to say “If You Seek Amy” by Britney Spears haha I’ve chosen to leave out the hard core rap… thats another story for another time…

2.  What do you fear most about old age?

hmmm probably being all alone when I’m old but the people I see when my Alzheimers kicks in should keep me entertained hopefully.

3.  Rum, vodka, tequila, whiskey or gin?

Vodka allllll the way. Tequila makes me a very mean person and forget everything, nasty nasty stuff tequila.

4.  Fill in the blank:  I wish there was a Nobel Prize for _______________.

Dimples. That way I might actually have a chance to win one at some point in my life time. Oh wait was that suppose to be a serious answer…?

5.  Pineapple on pizza.  Genius or perversion?

Since I only have two options I would have to say Genius. I don’t ever order it myself but I’ll definitely eat it and like it if its there.

emma watson drinking beer like cailin oneil

when I googled ‘Emma Watson playing Cailin O’Neil’

6.  Who plays you in the movie about your life?

I would pick Marylin Monroe, but I think I am a few years behind on that one. My other choice would be Emma Watson, I think my life would be much more entertaining if I’m played with a British Accent.

7.  Worst pick up line you have ever heard?

Guy: I don’t think I have your phone number yet.

Cailin: What? I don’t even know your name, we’ve never even spoken to each other before?!

Guy: Ok tell me how to spell your name too.

Cailin: Candice what do you think?

Candice: Its C A I L I N and her number is…..

moist wacky baseball cap

Darlin’, wish I’d known before I got your present

8.  What is a word or phrase that makes you cringe when you hear it or read it?

Moist. Just say it slowly a couple times, it will give you the shivers trust me. Try saying it while eating a banana too, the noise will make you gag I promise haha

9.  What is your biggest pet peeve? (to qualify as a pet peeve, it has to be something so unimportant that there is no way it should logically bother you)

When people call me Darlin’ or hun. I could just punch someone in the face when they say that to me!

10.  What is the most romantic place you have ever been?

I would have to say traveling to Fiji. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to have any romantic moments while there :( since I didn’t stay very long, but it has lots and lots of potential. There were beautiful beaches, great accommodation and delicious food. I enjoyed the island life being able to enjoy nature and explore the island by bike is what I enjoyed most. What I know now is the next time I visit I will spend less time exploring and more time relaxing on the beach and swimming in the ocean.

11.  Mom and Dad are never going to read this, so I can now admit that I lied to them big time about _____________.

cailin oneil smurf costume

awwww, cute kid alert

I wish I was able to write something good here, but honestly I’ve got nothing! I’ve never really seen the point in lying and my parents are pretty cool about most things and if not I just take the wrath, as long as no one died it can’t be that bad right….. oh I sound so un-exciting now dammit! haha

12.  What is the best Halloween costume you have ever worn?

My Smurf Costume when I was a little kid!

13.  Who is your biggest celebrity crush?

It’s a toss up between Bruce Willis, Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Reynolds. HOT!!!!!!!!

26 Responses to “Interview with Cailin O’Neil of Cailin Travels: Lucky 13 Questions” Subscribe

1. Candice January 4, 2011 at 8:57 am #

YAAAY! Did that pick-up line thing really happen? I don’t remember, but I’m not surprised.

1. Your parents are the coolest. I can’t believe I texted your mom that time.

2. That hat is amazing.

3. The four of us should totally get together for beers.

Now I miss you. :(
    Candice recently posted..2011- the Year I Give Life the Middle Finger

2. Ayngelina January 4, 2011 at 9:15 am #

I’m pretty sure Cailin was one of the first people I started following as well. Although I may unfollow her after that Bruce Willis comment, gross….
    Ayngelina recently posted..2010- The year bacon got a little crazy

3. Andi January 4, 2011 at 10:13 am #

Second Ayngelina’s comment, I was thinking Bruce Willis hot hmmmmm??? But, you made up for it by saying Matt and Ryan. ;-)

Oh gosh, you better never come and visit me in the South! Everyone calls everyone darlin!!!
    Andi recently posted..Happy New Year!!!

4. Cailin January 4, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Michael you forgot about http://www.TravelYourself.ca !! silly goose! haha
    I’m happy that I was both yours and Ayngelina’s firsts and am glad to know that I’ve kept you interested :)

Andi and Ayngelina my crush for Mr Willis started at a young age from the Die Hard movies and I don’t care what anyone says he is hot!

Candice that did actually happen, at pizza corner in Halifax…. thats all I’m saying about that haha
    We all need to party together and soon!
    Thanks for the interview Michael! :)
    Cailin recently posted..17th Annual Herring Cove Polar Bear Dip Jan 1- 2011

5. Kirsten Alana January 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Darn, Cailin I love ya – but I’m with Ayngelina and Andi. Bruce? For real? I get your explanation. Just can’t agree. Bonus points for choosing Ryan though. So fun to read this!! Makes me all the more sad I am not currently in a winnebago in South America with you, Candice and Spence…
    Kirsten Alana recently posted..The Unexpected Expected Side Effect of Travel

6. Jeremy B January 4, 2011 at 2:29 pm #

Thanks for the interview Michael and Cailin! Enjoyed learning more the Canadian videographer! I am also with the others on this one – I am not attracted to Bruce either! :)
    Jeremy B recently posted..A new year- a new challenge- a new direction- and a new blog

7. Chris - The Aussie Nomad January 4, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

I’ll second everybody else I do not find Bruce attractive at all :) Cailin was awesome to catch up with so you have to track her down at some point.

Oh and just name the time and place for that beer drinking session too Michael. I’m not sure who would out drink who out of that gathering.
    Chris – The Aussie Nomad recently posted..Seeing Prague Castle

• Michael Hodson January 4, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

damn, all the Bruce hating — I think he is hot. Hold it. Maybe I think his ex-wife is hot. I get so confused with Hollywood.

8. Matt January 4, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Looking forward to that video!
    Matt recently posted..10 Fascinating Places I Traveled to in 2010

9. Laura January 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

Love the smurf costume! Wish I could also say I never told any white lies to my parents ;) And I hear my fair share of darlin’ and hun down here in the south so I don’t mind it- come hang out here and you can also be called pumpkin and sweetheart
    Laura recently posted..Love and Loathing in Koh Tao

10. Dave & Deb January 5, 2011 at 5:24 am #

Deb speaking here, I think Bruce Willis is hot, your not alone woman! I’ve always liked him and the roles he picks. He keeps reinventing himself from the Die Hard Movies, to Pulp Fiction and The Sixth Sense. He’s got a George Clooney quality getting better with age:)
    Dave & Deb recently posted..Travel Photography Roulette Round 7- Portraits

11. Adam January 5, 2011 at 11:37 am #

Another great interview. Though I feel a bit embarrassed that the best Halloween costume was also when I dressed as Papa Smurf. Only I was 31 years old.
    Adam recently posted..This feeling I get…

12. Ali January 5, 2011 at 11:54 am #

Funny interview & cute smurf costume! Ryan Reynolds all the way :-)
    Ali recently posted..A Love Letter to Prague

13. Lindsay aka @_thetraveller_ January 5, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

Im with Calin on pineapple pizza. Never order it, but if it’s there it’s delicious!
    Lindsay aka @_thetraveller_ recently posted..On the Road Pakse- Laos- Motorbikes and Lao Whisky

14. Abby January 6, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

How did I not even see this yet? Cailin, you’re adorable! I LOVE the pick-up line story with you and Candice!!
    Abby recently posted..My favorite photos- “best of” Costa Rica!

15. Keith January 6, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Classic: “trying saying moist with a mouthful of banana.” I cannot stop laughing.

16. travel planner January 9, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Really funny interview.

17. DTravelsRound January 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

Awww, love Cailin!!
    DTravelsRound recently posted..You got to have faith

18. Brooke vs. the World January 31, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

Aw, me loves some Cailin Oneil ;)
    Brooke vs. the World recently posted..Day 31- 365 Photo Blog Project One Month In – Stats- Growth- Thoughts

This is what desert waterfalls can teach us about travel

There is something wholly anticlimactic about being wet and cold in Moab, Utah. Especially if it happens shortly after a [...]