Audrey and Dan are a couple of the stalwarts of the travel blogging community and two of my favorites. I started following them years ago (they have been on the road since the end of 2006) and particularly love and admire their photography.
They do these full 360 degree panorama shots. Seems cool.
We have been to many of the same countries and I have just missed them a number of times, most recently when they went through Jordan right before I did, but I can’t wait until the stars, bus schedules, and fate collide f and get us in the same location. I can’t wait to meet these travel superstars and really wonderful people.
1. Top spot in the world that you want to take photos at, that you haven’t been to yet?
Audrey: New Zealand.
Dan: Papua New Guinea.
2. How many languages can you order a beer in?
Fourteen. If you want to know languages: Czech, Estonian, Russian, Thai, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Finnish, Vietnamese, Slovak, Polish. Oh, and English.
3. Who plays you and your husband in the movie about your life?
People say we look like: Renee Zellweger, Ben Affleck.
If we had our say, we’d go for Scarlet Johansson (Dan’s got a major crush on her) and Clive Owen (think Croupier).
4. Give us some little piddling thing that bugs you about your spouse.
Dan about Audrey: Her insistence on the continued use of misplaced modifiers.
Audrey about Dan: His insistence of balling up kitchen towels so that they never dry.
5. The longest you were grounded (or most you were punished in some form) by your parents was when you did _________.
Audrey: Never really grounded, but I do remember suddenly getting a curfew when my mother didn’t like a particular boyfriend of mine.
Dan: I was the youngest of four. I probably could have burned the house to the ground without being grounded.
6. Worst award winning movie you’ve ever seen?
7. Charity that we should all be more informed about?
Big organization: Kiva. We’ve seen their work in the field with local microfinance partners in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Bolivia, as well as met the staff in San Francisco. They really screen their local partners to make sure they value both financial sustainability with a social responsibility.
Small organization: Queztal Trekkers (Guatemala and Nicaragua) – everyone working there is a volunteer with 100% of profits going to schools and dorms for street and disadvantaged kids.
8. Most overrated place you’ve been to on your travels?
Route 40, the southern Argentina segment through Patagonia. If you see a bird every six hours on a bus, it’s cause for excitement.
9. Who’s tweets make you smile the most when we see them in your feed?
10. Biggest photography mistake that you see most commonly.
Dan: Sharing 50 images of the same shot. Editing what you share is an underrated skill.
Audrey: White balance.
11. You favorite movie of all time.
Audrey: Sense and Sensibility. What can I say? I’m the daughter of a Jane Austen buff.
Dan: Shawshank Redemption.
12. Would you like to know the exact date of your death — why or why not?
Audrey: No. Would rather live without my end date always looming in the back of my head.
Dan: Nope. What fun would that be?
13. What question do you fear most from St. Peter as you petition for admittance at the Pearly Gates?
“How’d you get here??”