One of the things that I love about my Lucky 13 interviews is that it allows me to have an excuse to get in contact with amazingly beautiful and talented women in the travel world… without being “that guy at the bar.”
Meet one of the most beautiful and talented women on that list, Yvonne Zagermann.
The beauty is obvious, but as to the talent, let me just say this — this German travel blogger writes in both German and English (her own translations, not via a program), finds time to produce and appear on a variety of television shows in Germany, and is soon to be a published author.
Long and short of it is that this is a someone that you should be paying attention to, if you aren’t already, because she is quickly going places. I just hope she remembers me when she gets famous.
1. If you could be transported to one day/place in time, what would it be and why?
I would time travel to meet Hemingway in Cuba for a Daiquiri, because I adore him but would love to discuss his ideas on women. Next stop would be Berlin in the 1920′s, because it’s Berlin in the 1920′s!! After this I would travel to the future to get the iPhone 10s, not to make money, but just to be cool.
2. Who is the most annoying person in the world?
Matt Damon. No, Ben Affleck. NO, wait, Mariah Carey.
3. Worst pick up line you have ever heard?
“I’m so desperate and haven’t kissed a girl in months.” True story.
4. Most annoying nationality of any travelers that you have run across?
Utopians – because they think everything is better at home.
5. What is your favorite article of clothing?
I think the answer you wanna hear is: I love being naked. But the truth is my favorite article of clothing is my hair scarf. Best for bad hair days.
6. Your best German curse?
FIRST: Scheisskopf (shithead) is NOT a German swear word! That’s a urban myth. My favorite German curse phrase is: Verfickte Hühnerkacke. Which translates to “Fucking chicken poop”. OH, and “Himmel, Arsch und Zwirn” = “Heaven, Ass and Yarn”.
7. Who plays you in the movie of your life?
Vivien Leigh. Because. And she said: Life is too short to work so hard. Agreed.
8. Fill in the blank: If I were Queen for a day, I would make __________ illegal and punishable by _________.
First of all: As a matter of fact I am the fucking queen. Not only for a day. At least my magnet on my fridge says so. But ok, I would make work illegal and punishable by traveling.
9. Whose brain would you like to swap yours with for a month?
My friend Katja’s. We studied Sociology together and she’s the most intelligent person I know. She should be everyone’s telephone joker for “Who wants to be a millionaire?”.
10. You are also a really great video person — give everyone one good tip for making better videos.
Don’t do pan shots and zooms till you know what you’re doing.
11. If you could never go to one of the six populated continents ever again, which one would you eliminate from your life?
Utopia is populated, right?
12. Travel book you most wish you have “lived through.”
Nellie Bly’s “Around the World in 72 Days“. She’s one of my heroes.
13. Give us your one paragraph obituary, a long time down the road.
“Right, I’m off then.”
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my feed.