Making Your Mouth Water from Jerusalem

I don’t do much food photography. Photos of wonderful tasting dishes just don’t do much for me as a photographer. That isn’t to say there aren’t some amazing food photography out there for you to enjoy.

Two of my closest friends are some of the best food photographers I know, Ayngelina of Bacon is Magic (here is a link to one in her Food Fridays series) and Akila of The Road Forks (here is a link to one of her recent food posts).

jerusalem food market

That being said, I do love markets. Previously, I’ve done a post on the spices of the massive Damascus souk and also in Vietnam. So, in that vein, here are some shots I took in a Jerusalem food market a few months ago.

I am experimenting with some focus/depth of field methods with these lens and have also edited for different sizes and shapes in the final cuts. Am always open for your feedback on what works and what doesn’t.

A couple other quick reminders:

• I am still looking for questions from readers for my newsletter that runs at the beginning of the month. Go to my Facebook Fan Page and post any questions you have for me there or email me.
  • And I am starting to get very active on Pinterest, like I mentioned here once before. If you are on Pinterest, here is the link to my profile, so you can follow me. If you aren’t on, but want the be, just drop me a note and I will get you an invitation.

Thanks for all the help and support recently. It has been appreciated as I deal with my first winter in years. I have come to think this weather has got me down a bit and as a result… no more winter for me.

eggs close up in jerusalem market

food market jerusalem

fruit seller on winter day

dried oranges and nuts at jerusalem market

dried oranges raisins jerusalem market

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Making Your Mouth Water from Jerusalem” Subscribe

1. Marina K. Villatoro March 18, 2012 at 8:14 am #

I was vegan for years and years, during those unnecessary dietary years I visited Israel and have to say that the best food I have ever eaten, considering my state, was in Israel!!!

One time was on a kibbutz!

2. Derek March 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Looks good! I’ll be there with my wife in November.. spending Thanksgiving there and looking forward to it!
    Derek recently posted..Nightmare Redeeming Delta SkyMiles For Reward Tickets

3. Laurence March 19, 2012 at 4:27 am #

I like the egg picture a lot. Something about the repetition I think. Food photography is something I am fairly terrible at. Must try harder.

4. Akila March 19, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Markets are (I think) the best place to practice food photography. I love that picture of the guy tasting his own produce — very cheeky! :)
    Akila recently posted..weekly photo: hundred shades of gray

5. Akila March 19, 2012 at 8:57 am #

And thank you for that awesome shout out! :) You should do more food photography, methinks.
    Akila recently posted..weekly photo: hundred shades of gray

6. Jesslie March 19, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

I bet I really have to go to Jerusalem by next year because those food are really mouth-watering…
    Jesslie recently posted..GoPro HD Hero

7. Stephanie - The Travel Chica March 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

I am getting more into food photography. I just love food so much that I figure I should be able to photograph it well.

These shots aren’t too bad ;-)
    Stephanie – The Travel Chica recently posted..Hiking at Yerba Loca with My CouchSurfing Host

8. Lucy March 20, 2012 at 2:59 am #

Thank you for this awesome photos! Looks delicious. I love that picture of the guy tasting his own product. Very funny! Thank you for sharing.
    Lucy recently posted..Bargain News

9. Camels & Chocolate March 20, 2012 at 7:55 am #

I was surprised how much I loved the food in Jerusalem. I’ve never been one to go out to eat at a Middle Eastern restaurant, yet everything I ate in Israel was amazing!
    Camels & Chocolate recently posted..Photo Friday: Dades Gorges, Morocco

10. Ayngelina March 20, 2012 at 10:04 am #

You definitely captured the energy of the market, well done.
    Ayngelina recently posted..Pigging out in Playa del Carmen

11. Susan @ Travel Junkette March 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm #

Beautiful! I’ll be in Israel next week and will be dreaming of mounds of dried apricots until then!

Ten ways to travel green

Beach in Thailand

The more I travel this big beautiful world, the more I want to protect it. Thankfully, today eco-travel is a [...]