As I wrote recently, I was recently in Costa Rica on a biking tour provided by Exodus Travels. The only problem?

I idiotically got into a pretty bad accident about two hours into the tour.

It put me into a bit of a bind on how to provide any sort of content for you about the tour, Costa Rica, and my entire experience there because I missed out on the vast bulk of it after face planting over my handle bars on day one.

Luckily for me, the other people on the trip (and the two amazing Exodus tour guides) were more than willing to help. A couple of them allowed me to check out the photos they took on the trip and choose some for a photo journey I posted up here.

And a few of them were nice enough to let me interview them about their experiences on this tour and their thoughts about Exodus Travels and our tour guides. Here is the video I did from those interviews.

My thanks to Exodus Travels who sponsored me on this tour. I wasn’t able to enjoy it as much as I wanted, but I am indebted to Exodus for how wonderfully they treated me after my accident. That being said, the opinions and thoughts on this post are my own.

9 Responses to “The tour in Costa Rica through other eyes” Subscribe

1. Global Nomads June 19, 2013 at 11:42 am #

After travelling twice through Costa Rica by bus it is safe to claim than biking beside those narrow road with cars and buses driving like maniacs is rather suicidal. We were thinking that even walking on the road side would not work unless we do it off road in the jungle with the crocodiles. Hope those biking tours are not using main roads.
    Global Nomads recently posted..6.94 ABSOLUTELY Vital Travel Tips

2. Ayngelina June 19, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Sorry to hear what happened to you but very cool to see others had such a good time.
    Ayngelina recently posted..My Galapagos Casa

3. Nicole @ Green Global Travel June 19, 2013 at 6:26 pm #

We were there at the same time as you and we drove past a bunch of cyclists! Might have been your group, minus you.

I remember saying at the time, those guys must be crazy with the way the people drive around here!
    Nicole @ Green Global Travel recently posted..Darwin’s Paradise: Galapagos Islands Animals, Ecotourism & Adventure

4. Charli l Wanderlusters June 19, 2013 at 11:29 pm #

So kind of your fellow travellers to share their reviews of the tour with us! I’m a great believer in the fact that things happen for a reason so I’ve no doubt your tumble was initiated by the powers at be for good intention. Perhaps to dissuade you from further Central American biking tours?! Joking aside, glad to see you’re on the mend.
    Charli l Wanderlusters recently posted..Limitless Travel | Anything Is Possible

5. Vid June 20, 2013 at 8:31 am #

Mike,

That accident doesn’t sound good – glad to see it didn’t dent your spirits that much. You live, you learn :) I’m sure you will be back to Costa Rica someday to enjoy it slightly more :)

Cheers!
    Vid recently posted..Can you smell Summer in the air?

6. Barbara June 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

Sorry to hear about your accident but as we all know…it’s an experience that you will be talking about and remembering for a long time. Glad all turned out OK and I enjoyed the video!
    Barbara recently posted..Zipline The Canyons in Ocala Florida

7. Spencer June 22, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are ok and it does not put you off further travels.
    Spencer recently posted..An Inside Look At The InterContinental Hotels Group

8. James @ Africa Tours July 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

Sorry to hear about your accident but after seen your touring pictures, I realized that you have done good job.

What to do with 7 days on Maui (#1 is the most important)

There are so many things to keep you busy on Maui; choosing what to do depends on your interests. If [...]