Soggy days in Dublin are still camera-worthy

After our BlogHouse event in the southern part of Ireland, I went back up to Dublin to hang out, get some work done, and also have the chance to see some of my good blogging friends at a travel blogging conference that going on conveniently right there in town.

Dublin is a great little city. The population is about half a million, which seems small for a capital city. It is an easy town to walk around and just feels to me like a comfortable shoe feels on my foot.

Hopefully a waterproof shoe.

I’ve done Dublin three times now and though I do really like it, next time I head back to Ireland, I need to make sure to get out and experience the wide variety that is on display there. Time to get out of my Dublin comfort zone and see more of the Emerald Island.

But in the meantime, I hope you enjoy a few of my photos from my very brief stay there this time.

_____________________________________________________

Special request of you — if you like my photographs, please click through here and follow me on my Instagram feed. All of these photos were originally published there and if you like these, you are quite likely to enjoy the hundreds more I have over there — and that I add to regularly.

I am trying to hit 5,000 Instagram followers by the end of the year and am only at about 3,500, so I’ve got a ways to go in my goal. Thanks so much!

guinness beer in black and white

I don’t know what you think about when you think Ireland, but me…

rural train station in southern ireland

The train station coming back from BlogHouse

trinity college statute in hdr

Another one of my funky Instagram photo efforts, this from Trinity College

sunset over the Liffey river in dublin

Sunset over the Liffey River in Dublin

shopping mall inside in Dublin

I just loved the inside of this shopping mall

Like I said, I wasn’t the only blogger in town that week. My very good friend and business partner, Ayngelina of Bacon is Magic, took a bunch of photos that can be found here. She even took some non-food photographs!

_______________________________________________

While in Dublin, we were fortunate to have our lodging taken care of by Citybase serviced apartments. One bonus to having an apartment, over some of the other options I have stayed at in the past, is simply the ability to spread out your things and relax. I got a good bit of work done there and I owe a good bit of thanks to Citybase for sponsoring our stay and allowing that to happen.

The apartment was a two bedroom place that I was sharing with Pete and Dalene of Hecktic Travels and Ayngelina of Bacon is Magic so… I got the couch. LOL.

But that being said, I liked it so much that Ayngelina and I tried to rent another one of their places for the extra few days we were in Dublin, but alas, they were all booked up. Popular in this case does mean good, in my opinion.

citybase apartment in dublin living room

My work area… and bedroom ;)

13 Responses to “Soggy days in Dublin are still camera-worthy” Subscribe

1. Liisa November 4, 2013 at 9:25 am #

Hi Michael,

your pictures make me feel “home”-sick! I’m nor from Ireland but I was living in Dublin for two years. Right now I’m spending my days in Finland doing voluntary work on a husky farm way up north. It’s amazing up here but I’m still missing Dublin and can’t wait to get back there, soon.

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:42 am #

Liisa, I got to spend just a brief bit of time at a husky farm in Finland in February. Love dogs and really loved dog sledding. So much fun.

And I don’t envy you in the next few months up there! Stay warm.

2. Ayngelina November 4, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

I even took some non-food photos ha!
    Ayngelina recently posted..Loving Dublin Food

3. Carmen November 7, 2013 at 9:27 am #

Awesome photos – especially the one of the statue. Will follow you now on Instagram. Feel free to follow us too @ doublebarrelledtravel :-)
    Carmen recently posted..Where would you like to be buried? Remembering the legacy of Buffalo Bill

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:44 am #

Thanks for the compliment. Following ya’ll now also.

4. Hogga November 8, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

so pretty
    Hogga recently posted..Seeing Montreal with Le St. Martin

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:45 am #

Thanks Hogga. Good to finally hang with you in Spain.

5. Rosemarie November 10, 2013 at 2:00 am #

Oh the photo taken at Trinity College is amazing! The background is an Instagram effect?? Never knew that was possible…. beautiful photography!

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:46 am #

Rosemary, it was an accident. I was using an HDR photo app, so as it was taking the 3 pictures that it merges together, I accidentally moved the phone way down between a couple of the pics and it merged them all up into that mismash. But, I kinda liked it.

6. Rebecca November 21, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

love Dublin… the photos look great, specially the guiness pic!
    Rebecca recently posted..Chapter 69: We finally get into the Alhambra

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:46 am #

Rebecca, the pic was good…. the beer was even better in person ;)

7. Derek Cullen December 2, 2013 at 2:46 pm #

Actually St Stephens Green shopping centre I’ve never really liked – I think more so because the shops in there are not the best. BUT I have to say, this particular picture still made me feel homesick

In saying that Michael, I’m finding anything can make me homesick while cycling across Africa lol – thanks for the pics

Don’t get me started on how much I’d enjoy a Guinness!!

Derek

• Michael Hodson December 10, 2013 at 12:48 am #

Derek, it did seem that the shops there weren’t that great, but I sure did love the way the lines came together in the roof there.

Have fun in Africa. My favorite continent for sure.

Top travel hacking ideas you haven’t considered

The Tuscan countryside outside of Volterra, Italy.

The ever-increasing popularity of travel hacking means most serious travelers have at least one travel-related credit card in their wallet. [...]