Admittedly, I am a bit new to this whole writing thing, but everyone has to start somewhere. One of the many things I am trying to do is get the word out about my website, in addition to getting published in as many excellent print or web magazines as will take me. If you’d like me to write for your publication, please feel free to contact me.
Here are the places I have written, been mentioned in or interviewed by:
- 2014 Trippy Awards: I won the “Eye Candy Award” for one of my Jordan videos.
- Huffington Post: Currently a regularly contributor to the travel section of the Huffington Post. HuffPost has a Google Page Rank of 8 and averages 14+ million visitors a month.
- Conde Nast Traveler: Regular contributor to their website with my postcard looks at things.
- About.com contributor on the topic of Overland Travel
- BlogcastFM — My first podcast interview, from one of the emerging forces in the overall blogging community today. We had a great discussion of blogging, travel, and writing in general.
- TravelPost — This was one of my first interviews. It centered on pretty straight travel questions.
- Briefcase to Backpack – One of my more in-depth travel interviews, but an organization that is close to my heart — helping people transition from working to getting out on the road with a backpack spirit.
- A Dangerous Business — One of my favorite travel bloggers. A straight-forward travel interview by a wonderful young traveler and blogger.
- BusBud — Being a mainly overland traveler, it was nice getting interviewed by a website that specializes in bus travels around the world.
- Finding the Universe – an interview I did there about some of my travels and also some blogging tips.
- The Independent — interviewed me as one of the top travel bloggers about travel blogging tips and success ideas. One of the bigger papers in the U.K.
- Channel 3 in Catalonia television — Had such a good time in Costa Brava on this trip and got interviewed on TV.
- Travel Explosion — An interview about my times in Colombia.
- Travelocity — the before they were famous interviews. Though I’m not exactly famous.
- Suddeutsche — Interview in a German newspaper after ITB Berlin (need to Google Translate).
- HostelsClub — Interview
- Best Air Mattress Guide — Interview
- Daily Travel Podcast — Interview
- Coupon Pal – Interview
- KarolinaPatryk.com — Interview
- Sandier Pastures — A story about meeting yours truly in Dubai.
- Top 100 Travel Bloggers in the World
- Top Travel Twitterers — by the Huffington Post.
- JohnnyVagabond – Top 10 blogs to watch in 2011. To make this list, by a travel blogger that I admire completely, was quite an honor.
- World is My Jungle Gym — Top 100 independent travel blog, currently number 9 in the world.
- Positive World Travels — Most inspiring travel websites.
- Phil in the Blank – 10 travel blogs that will change your life, from my favorite camel lover.
- Flightster — 40 Travel bloggers you should know about.
- Favourite Travel Blogs of 2011 — by Kelsey, the Traveling Tomboy, a great travel blogger.
- Travel Blogs with an Edge — by Nomadic Samuel is an emerging travel blogger and photographer.
- Best in 2011 Travel Writing — by Nomads on the Road
- More Great Travel Blogs — by the Traveling Fool
- 2011 Best Travel Writing of the Year — by Matt of LandLopers
- 19 Epic Adventures of 2011 – featuring the Ultimate Train Challenge I organized.
- The 10 Must-Read Travel Bloggers of 2012 — by Home Away
- Favorite Travel Bloggers of 2011 — by Ordinary Traveler
- Ten Best Travel Blogs — by Luxatic
- Top 25 Adventure Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2014 — by FlipKey
- Top 100 Travellers to Follow on Social Media in 2014 — by Chillisauce
- Top Outdoor & Adventure Travel Bloggers to Follow in 2015 — by Vacation Home Rentals
After the Arabian Travel Market — http://www.arabiantravelmarket.com/en/Blog/Whats-your-perspective-on-travel-blogging-/
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my feed.