Authors Nat and Tim
Tim has a multitude of interests from sport cars to fly fishing to playing the ukulele. He moved to New York in the late 90s to attend the French Culinary Institute, after which he worked at some of the best restaurants in Ottawa before moving back to NY to work as executive chef to the Consul General of Canada. It’s in this position that he found himself cooking for everyone from Andy Rooney to Elvis Costello. He has dedicated his life and career to cooking and the pursuit of honest food.
Nat is a Jane of all trades: she has worked as a florist in Ottawa, managed an ophthalmologist’s office in New York, and opened a deli with Tim in Vancouver. She has a slight obsession with honey bees and usually has a camera or two on hand. As a professional photographer, Nat records their adventures with incredible pictures of both everyday life and the extraordinary.
Together for close to a quarter of a century, Nat and Tim have indulged their passion for life and experience to the fullest, feeling most alive when traveling, cooking and eating. They believe that everyone should get to know a culture by learning about the foods they eat and living like a local as often as they can.
Their blog, A Cook Not Mad, is written for anyone with a lust for life and curiosity to experience the world. You can follow Nat and Tim on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram.
Nat and Tim’s posts on Go See Write
- A Cook Not What? An Introduction to @ACookNotMad
- A Winter’s Day in Montreal — And Pig’s Foot
- Tips for Enjoying Italy
- Things to do in Parksville-Qualicum Beach
- Fly Fishing Vancouver Island
- An oasis amidst the chaos: Chinese garden in Vancouver
- Lardo di Colonnata: An Itialian delicacy
- Montreal: Eating at Les 400 Coups
- Dogsledding: A Canadian boy’s dream
- Paradise is a state of mind: Maui
- What to do with 7 days on Maui